Terms and Conditions
This website is operated by Wiserr Pty Ltd ACN 617 257 271.
In these terms and conditions, the expressions we, us and our, are a reference to Wiserr Pty Ltd ACN 617 257 271.
If you use this website, register, access or use our services, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions listed below and any other laws or regulations which apply to this website. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you must refrain from using this website. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. Amendments will be effective immediately upon notification on this website. Your continued use of this website following such notification will represent an agreement by you to be bound by the terms and conditions as amended.
Intellectual property rights statement
All intellectual property rights in this website, including design, text, graphics, logos, icons, sound recordings and all software relating to this website belong to or are licensed by us. These intellectual property rights are protected by Australian and international laws. You may not in any form or by any means copy, adapt, reproduce (other than for the purpose of viewing the website in your browser), store, modify, distribute, print, upload, display, perform, remove any credits, publish post frame within another website or create derivative works from any part of this website or commercialise any information obtained from any part of this website without our prior written permission or, in the case of third party material, from the owner of the intellectual property rights in that material.
This website may contain links to other websites. The links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices associated with linked websites.
Wiserr may enter into agreements with business partners and may seek to engage Wiserr Service Providers through work shops and programs. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices associated with the business partners. We are not responsible for the safety or outcomes of the services provided by the Business Partner. Wiserr makes no warranty that it will promote any or all suitably qualified Wiserr Service Providers. You acknowledge and agree that Wiserr Pty Ltd is not a party to any agreement you may enter into with a business Partner. Wiserr may assist Business Partners to locate suitably qualified Wiserr Service Providers.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. We do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information that you transmit to this website is transmitted at your own risk. If you become aware of any problems with the security of the data or the website, please contact us immediately.
You must ensure that your access to this website is not illegal or prohibited by laws which apply to you.
We do not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information, nor do we undertake to keep this website updated. The information on this website is not, and is not intended to be, advice. You should not act or refrain to act on the basis of any of the material on this website without first satisfying yourself as to the truth or accuracy of all information given.
We do not accept responsibility for loss suffered as a result of reliance by you on the accuracy or currency of information contained on this website.
You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process that you employ for accessing this website does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code, or other forms of interference which may damage your own computer system. For the removal of doubt, we do not accept responsibility for any interference or damage to your own computer system which arises in connection with your use of this website or any linked website.
Wiserr is an online platform that connects those rich in knowledge with those in need of know-how through entrepreneurship, employment, mentorship and volunteering opportunities. Wiserr provides a place for the mature generation (Wiserr service providers) to share their valuable experience with people who are seeking specific services (Wiserr service seekers).
Wiserr seeks to harness the wisdom of the older generation, and build a community through mentorship and expertise. This is a unique partnership between people who have wisdom to offer and those who want to receive quality services from those with knowledge and experience that isn’t easily found elsewhere.
You acknowledge and agree that Wiserr Pty Ltd is not a party to any agreement you may enter into with another member. Your use of this website and services does not create a relationship of employment, trust, agency or partnership between you and Wiserr.
To post work information, opportunities, and service details as a Wiserr service provider, you must become a member. To seek services on Wiserr, you must become a member. To become a member, you must complete your registration details in the manner described on the website. Membership is free but not transferable.
You must only have one account and your account must be in your real name.
Wiserr service providers are subject to an interview process or written survey response before registration to seek out their best skills and readiness. This will also assist in Wiserr creating the best possible service bio, personal bio, packages and payment rates to market the new Wiserr in their best light.
We reserve the right to terminate your membership at any time if you breach these terms.
If you are not a Wiserr service seeker or service provider, you may access the services for reading purposes only. Persons in this category are described as guests.
You must be 48 years of age or over to be a Wiserr service provider. If you are under 48 years of age you must not register as a Wiserr service provider. Wiserr service seekers must be over 18 years of age.
Upon successful membership as a Wiserr service provider, the Wiserr team will create a service bio, personal bio, packages and discuss payment rates for the new Wiserr service provider. After the initial setup, the Wiserr service provider may access their account to change any details they wish.
By registering as a Wiserr service provider or service seeker, you agree to abide by the above terms and conditions, and the terms set out below.
- You acknowledge that any information or material submitted by you to the the Wiserr platform is and will be treated by us as non-confidential and non-proprietary and we may use that material without restriction.
- When you submit material to the Wiserr platform, you assign all copyright in the material to us. Content will be owned by the Wiserr platform, and we reserve the right to alter any material in any way we see fit. This excludes any written work a Wiserr service provider may do in terms of their contract with a Wiserr service seeker (ie. Any material in the Wiserr private messaging system, and/or if the service provided included written work, the Wiserr service provider has full ownership).
- You are responsible for the safety, security and confidentiality of your password.
- You acknowledge that we cannot confirm the identity of other members or prevent them acting under false pretences.
- You will not post or transmit any material or information which is offensive, defamatory, obscene, unlawful, misleading, deceptive, vulgar, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing or ethnically objectionable.
- You agree not to act in a manner which negatively affects other members.
- You agree not to impersonate any other person.
- You agree to provide current, accurate and up-to-date information about yourself as required under these terms.
- You agree not to post or transmit any unsolicited advertising or promotional materials.
- Any material which you post may be removed by us from the Wiserr platform without notice at any time.
- You will not post any material which contains viruses or other computer codes, files or programs which are designed to limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware.
- You accept that any material or information provided by you may be posted on the Wiserr platform for any other members or guests to read.
- We do not make any representations or warranties that the information we provide in the Wiserr platform is reliable, accurate or complete or that your access to the discussion forums will be uninterrupted, timely or secure. We are not liable for any loss resulting from any action taken or reliance made by you on any information or material posted by us. You should make your own inquiries and seek independent advice from relevant industry professionals before acting or relying on any information or material which appears on the Wiserr platform.
- We do not accept any responsibility or liability for any information or material which you submit to the Wiserr platform, nor do we accept any responsibility for any use or misuse which you or any other members or guests make of information or material which you submit to the Wiserr platform.
- We do not warrant that we will respond to questions or comments submitted by you to our Wiserr platform.
- The Wiserr Service Provider must perform the Services agreed to by the Service Seeker
- Once the Services are complete, the Wiserr Service Provider must provide notice of that on the Wiserr Platform.
- Once the Services are complete, the Service Seeker must provide notice of that on the Wiserr Platform.
- Once the Service has been completed and the Service Seeker confirms the Services are completed, or if Wiserr is satisfied the Services have been completed, the Wiserr Service Provider Payment will be released from the Wiserr Escrow Account.
- After the Service is completed, the parties are encouraged to review and provide feedback of the Services and experience on the Wiserr Platform.
- If you download any material from the Wiserr platform, you acknowledge that we are not liable to you for any loss or damage, however caused, arising from the downloading or subsequent use of the downloaded material. You may not adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, transmit, display, publish or create derivative works from any downloaded material. In addition, you may not commercialise any information, products or services from the downloaded material.
- We do not warrant that any material you submit to the Wiserr platform will be protected against loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties. We do not warrant that we will post your information or material to the Wiserr platform. If we elect in our sole discretion to post your material to the Wiserr platform, we do not warrant that the material or information you submit will be posted within a certain time frame or at all.
- You are responsible for the safety and security of your username and password and you agree to keep your password confidential.
- You indemnify us and our related bodies corporate and our directors and employees against any claim by a third party arising out of a breach of these terms either by you or by any person using your password or ID, whether or not you have authorised that person to use your password or ID.
- You agree that we may contact you or provide you with notices via phone or email.
- You must not misrepresent your work history, qualifications or affiliations.
- You must not violate the Content Policy or Extortion Policy whilst using any means of communication on the Wiserr platform, including the messaging function.
- A Wiserr service provider may cancel their membership at any time, so long as they complete all promised work to services seekers before this time. A Wiserr service seeker may cancel their membership at any time, so long as any services they may be waiting on have been completed.
You must not:
- perform any illegal or unlawful acts in connection with your use of this website or services; or
- send unsolicited emails from another network that appear to have been sent using the website or services;
- use the website or services to engage in fraudulent behaviour;
- use the website or services to defame or harass any third party;
- use the website or services to gain unauthorised access to or interfere with any third party’s online resources or systems including by any form of hacking;
- use the website or services to circumvent any security measures;
- use the website or services to distribute, view or create any material that is or may be pornographic, defamatory, offensive, obscene, illegal or unlawful, or infringes any third party’s Intellectual Property Rights;
- use the website or services to distribute unsolicited emails to third parties including bulk unsolicited emails, distribute a higher volume of outgoing emails than is acceptable to the Supplier, use a non-existent email return address or use an open email relay;
- use the website or services in a way that infringes any third party’s intellectual property rights or breaches any obligation of confidence;
- use the website or services in a way that disrupts, misuses or excessively uses the hardware, bandwidth access, storage space or our resources or resources of other members; or
- use the website or services in any other manner that is unacceptable to us.
Fees and payment
Membership to the Wiserr platform is free. Payment from a service seeker will go directly to the Wiserr platform holdings (escrow account). Once the job is completed the funds will be transferred to the Wiserr service provider. The price advertised on a Wiserr service provider’s page is inclusive of a 10% booking fee. This fee will remain with Wiserr Pty Ltd to be reinvested into the Wiserr platform.
Limitation of liability
We are not liable for any loss or damage, however caused (including, but not limited to, by our negligence) suffered by you in connection with this agreement or your use of this website.
If the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or any other legislation states that there is a guarantee in respect of goods or services supplied, and our liability for breach of that guarantee may not be excluded but may be limited, our liability for such breach is limited to, in the case of a supply of goods, replacing the goods or supplying equivalent goods or repairing the goods, or in the case of supply of services, supplying the services again or paying the cost of having the services supplied again.
You agree to indemnify us for all damages, losses, penalties, fines, expenses and costs (including legal costs) which arise out of or relate to your use of this website, any information that you provide to us via this website or any damage that you may cause to this website. This indemnification includes, without limitation, liability relating to copyright infringement, defamation, invasion of privacy, trade mark infringement and breaches of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
Access to this website may be withdrawn at any time without notice. As a Wiserr service provider or service seeker, we may restrict, suspend or terminate your account if we believe you are misusing the services, or have breached these terms or any relevant laws. These terms and conditions will survive any such withdrawal.
Governing law and jurisdiction
If you access this website in a jurisdiction other than Australia, you are responsible for compliance with the laws of that jurisdiction, to the extent that they apply.
Acceptance of terms
By using this website you agree to be bound by the above terms.